Studying about new language is not a simple thing, but it is plausible to be conducted. One of the most common spoken language which is widely used in the world is English. Why English? I probably will have no specific answers, but as a matter of fact, this language is famously known in connecting every single of person who wants to deliver his/her messages around the world.
In past, the most common method for delivering a message can be done by using body language. This method is eminently used by the people who actually have different kind of spoken language. Take for instance, cave-men who lived thousand years ago had utilized this way in delivering their messages to the other one. Formal language has not been yet found at that time. However, the needs of people in simplifying and building the efficient way of talking is necessarily essential. Therefore, the usage of language has been remarkably showed fast evolution.
Talking about the English evolution, some sources have noted that it firstly developed from the Anglo Saxon. English, which is commonly used nowadays is actually made from the blending of many languages, such as West Germanic Tribe, Eastern Holland, Northern Denmark, Angles (area between Denmark and Holland), Northern Franks, and Northern Holland (see, George Boeree: http://webspace.ship.edu/cgboer/evolenglish.html). Boeree in his manuscript reveals that English has been absorbing vocabularies from numerous source of countries. Therefore, English has always been reported to evolve in any terms of condition.
The evolution of language including English and other languages has brought us to the opportunity of opening the windows of the world. It should be noted that many sources of information are well written in English. This information is considerably helpful as the main material which can be used in understanding every available phenomenon. For the people who want to continue their study abroad, they particularly need to learn more about this language. Hereby are listed some reasons why English is strongly important to learn.
- English is the most prevalent language used all around the world.
- Virtually all sciences and knowledge are well documented in English.
- English is officially utilized by many countries all around the world as the second language (53 countries).
- More than 400 million people in Europe, America, Africa, Asia, and Australia use English as their first language.
- The significant development of information technology such as internet has adopted English as the major language for building the communication and discussion either in national or even international forum.
If you want to know more about English, you just need to learn it effectively and efficiently.